Grace Health Centre values healing that encompasses the physical, relational, emotional, and spiritual components of our patients. Are you a dedicated counselor or therapist who has the same values and is interested in joining our multidisciplinary healthcare team? Would you like to benefit from full administrative support so you can focus on what you do best?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a caring and skilled group of healthcare practitioners while receiving highly responsive administrative support. Grace Health Centre is looking to expand its psychotherapy team to include registered psychotherapists (qualifying or fully licensed) or social worker with counselling emphasis to support growing demands for mental health care. We seek individuals who are passionate about providing individual, couple, and family therapy.
Start Date: Paused – Not accepting new applicants
Benefits of joining our practice:
- Be a part of an experienced, cohesive team of physicians, including family physicians and psychiatrists, and registered psychotherapists who value holistic healing.
- Receive full administrative support (business, practice management, marketing, intake, and financial)
- Access fully HIPAA/PIPEDA compliant telehealth, practice management system, phone, and email
- Enjoy the flexibility of balancing work and life with the dynamic option to work virtually or at the clinic in serving your patients
- Consult with in-house approved supervisors trained and certified in Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT), AAMFT, and Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Receive in-house referrals from family physicians in the practice
- Obtain in-house supervision for EFT and AEDP (optional) and/or EFT and AAMFT supervision mentoring
- Enjoy pay increases, based on gaining additional training and certifications, experience, and client load
- RP(Q), RP, and RSW focusing on psychotherapy, in good standing, OR CRPO Clinical Supervisor or Supervisor-in-training RP, in good standing, OR AAMFT Supervisor Candidate, in good standing, seeking supervision opportunities and mentoring
- Proven therapeutic skills that foster a strong working alliance between therapist and client, such as warmth, empathy, connectivity, consistency, appropriate boundaries, and congruent communication.
- Training and experience in practicing evidence-based therapy models.
- EFT, CBT, EMDR, DBT, and AEDP interest, training, experience, or certification/knowledge desired.
- Desire to see a minimum of 10 clients and ideally 15+ clients per week.
- Interest and experience working with couples, children, teens, seniors, and families a plus.
- Experience and interest in working with survivors of trauma.
- Availability in the evenings is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to speak/counsel in Cantonese, English, Spanish, and/or Mandarin is an asset.
- Familiarity with multicultural, immigrant, family system dynamics.
- Openness to virtual therapy
Who we are
Grace Health Centre was established in 1986 in northwest GTA with a particular desire to help the under-served in the community. We serve our diverse patients with genuine respect and love, irrespective of their language, religion, culture, gender, and race. Our patient population includes new immigrants, and low-income and vulnerable individuals and families. We started as a team of family physicians who believe strongly in holistic healing and are passionate to share our values and knowledge with the next generation of healthcare practitioners.
Our vision has always emphasized caring for our patients’ complete well-being, which includes physical, mental, relational, and spiritual needs. We believe that exploring the psycho-spiritual needs of a patient often brings about deep, permanent healing that spans into both physical and mental wellness.
We commit to proactively providing psychoeducation to the public, with therapists serving to support ever-growing mental health and wellness needs. Previous seminars have included series for individuals on topics such as Self-Esteem, Managing Emotions, and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) Skills; couples’ series on Successful Intimate Relationships; and parenthood series on EQ Parenting, Brain-based Parenting. Additional online and take-home resources are made available to our patients for continued healthcare support. To date, seminars have been held in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin; therapists proficient in other languages are welcome to use their language skills.
Future Generation Mentorship
Our practice values the contribution and energy of young, aspiring doctors/psychotherapists/healthcare practitioners. We create volunteer, internship, and co-op opportunities for them to learn from our physicians and be a part of the clinic community in serving our patients in meaningful ways. If you are passionate about mentoring and fostering the next generation, this is a vibrant community to be a part of and we invite you to join us.
Flexible start date and schedule (full-time or part-time). Competitive, monthly administrative management fee based on client load and experience level. Use of friendly office space available and negotiable. If supervision is required, a fee will be paid to the supervising physician.
At the height of the pandemic, 90% of care was provided by telephone or video through OTN (Ontario Telemedicine Network). Post-pandemic, we anticipate ~50% of care to be provided virtually.
With a large customer database, research opportunities are available, if applicants are interested.
Our practice is located in the Downsview area, just north of the junction of Keele St./Hwy 401. It is highly accessible to major highways. Free parking is available. There is a lab, x-ray clinic, and pharmacy on-site.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to Anthea Lai, Clinic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email or call (416) 633-7337 for more information. We would be delighted to connect with you.
In your letter, please tell us the following:
- Why you want to join our team
- Why you think you will be a good fit
- Relevant educational background and work/internship/volunteer experience
- Relevant counselling certifications and trainings attended
- Clinical focus and ideal client population
- Preference for full-time/part-time
- Practice mode of virtual vs. physical
- Language skills
We look forward to hearing from you!