Learners who seek an intensive and broad-based clinical training experience, working with patients of different ages and ethnicities presenting with a range of issues will find this site challenging and fulfilling.
Practical frameworks, tools and resources empower interns to competently manage common presenting issues such as depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, codependence, post-traumatic stress disorder, abuse, anger, communication problems, conflict resolution, and to provide premarital counselling, and marital enrichment courses.
Interns typically can expect to obtain 80 to 100 clinical contact hours over each four-month term.
We provide a unique opportunity for beginning therapists to use EFT for individuals, couples and families, so formal EFT Externship and/or Core Skills training (www.iceeft.com) is highly recommended. Priority will be given to applicants who have registered, are in progress, or have completed such training.
The responsibility for determining whether GHC’s training program meets the applicant’s specific professional registration/licensure goals lies with the applicant. We encourage you to clarify the necessary registration and educational requirements with your designated professional licensing boards. This is not the responsibility of Grace Health Centre.
Complete Counselling Psychotherapy Internship & Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) Certification Training Program Details Package
- Master- or PhD-level student in a psychotherapy-related program OR Qualified Mental Health professional
- Able to commit to a minimum of 8 months
- Able to attend at least one full day of the clinic once a week
- Completed pre-internship requirements (i.e. Theories and Methods, Skills lab, etc.)
- Completed EFT Externship before the start of the internship
- Must have liability insurance and a clear police check
Application and Placement Periods
We take applications throughout the year for both opportunities. Placement periods are typically 8 months in duration. This applies to both the counselling internship and advanced EFT training program.
The application window is now opened for the following:
- English speaking internship positions: April/May 2024 Starting Period
- Mandarin speaking internship positions: April/May 2024 Starting Period
- Cantonese speaking internship positions: April/May 2024 Starting Period
How to apply:
At Grace Health Centre, our supervisors are experts in the field of counselling and are passionate to teach and offer real-life individual, couples, family counselling opportunities for the next generations of therapists.
Join our internship team or request for supervision today.