Grace Health Centre values healing that encompasses the physical, relational, emotional and spiritual components of our patients. We believe in the work of psychoeducation for the public so that more people can understand the needs of mental health and find support.
Our psychoeducation programs are unique as they consist of a teaching and a group-facilitated session so that individuals/couples/families can learn and apply the materials in collaboration with experts in mental health.
Are you a dedicated counselor or therapist who has the same values and is interested in joining Grace Health Centre as an EQ and/or EFT PsychoEducation Facilitator?
We are seeking for individuals who are passionate about providing individual, couple and family related psychoeducation as part of the Grace Health Centre clinician team. In addition, there is an opportunity to join as a full-time/part-time registered psychotherapist on staff at Grace Health Centre. In this dual opportunity, prospective clients will be able to develop a therapeutic alliance with you during the psychoeducation seminar sessions for extension into individual therapy. Please see our job posting for full- or part-time registered psychotherapist if you are interested.
Start Date: May 2022 onwards (with minimum commitment to completion of seminar duration)
Facilitator Role Details:
- Refine, update and prepare available seminar materials according to the topic
- Liaise with Physician (Dr. TY Wong and/or Dr. Alice Chen) on seminar involvement and consult on materials as necessary
- Facilitate day-of seminar teaching and group discussion (with assistance, if required) on an online platform
Seminar Types and Topics:
- EQ Self-Esteem (Individual Faith based 11 sessions each term (3 terms), 1.5 hours/session)
- Managing Emotions (Individual — 11 sessions each term (3 terms) 1.5 hours/session)
- Secrets to Successful Intimate Relationships (Couples 10 sessions each term (3 terms), 1.5 hours/session)
- Hold Me Tight Let Me Go Family Relationship Enhancement and Education program (Families with adolescents, 9 sessions each term (3 terms), 1.5 hours/session)
- being developed by Dr. Wong include Journey to Wholeness (Individual, 12 sessions each term (3 terms), 1.5 hours/session based on EFIT)
Support Groups: (being developed)
- Special Needs Family Support Group (twice a month, 1.5 hours/session)
- Mental Health Family Support Group (twice a month, 1.5 hours/session)
Benefits of Joining our Team:
- Receive compensation for seminar session package.
- Gain experience in running group-facilitated therapy-like sessions.
- Contribute to the desperate need of mental psychoeducation in our community
- Gain counselling consultation from Dr. TY Wong and/or Dr. Alice Chen
- Qualifying and/or Licensed Registered Psychotherapist/ Registered Social Worker
- Familiar with EFT and EQ materials and theories (ideal)
- Excellent in public speaking and leading seminars
- Strong and engaging communicator
- Able to speak in English and/or Cantonese, Mandarin
- Passionate about psychoeducation
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to Anthea Lai, Clinic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email or call (416) 633-7337 for more information. We would be delighted to connect with you.
In your letter, please tell us the following:
- Why you want to join our team
- Why you think you will be a good fit
- Relevant educational background and work/internship/volunteer experience
- Relevant counselling certifications and trainings attended
- Available start date
- Interest in specific seminar to facilitate and/or teach (as per above)
- Language skills
We look forward to hearing from you!