Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Grace Health Centre
Are you interested in being a part of a team that values holistic patient healing, preventative care, and genuine, impactful mentorships?
We are looking for an passionate Psychiatrist to build a part time practice to join Grace Health Centre.
The Psychiatrist will provide consultation and attend weekly clinics, as well as develop interdisciplinary treatment plans. We will provide some referrals from physicians as well as social workers/psychotherapists.
Flexible days and hours. Patients are covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) for needed psychotherapy and psychopharmacology treatments.
Who we are
Grace Health Centre was established in 1986 to serve patients in northwest GTA; with a particular desire to help under-served individuals within its community. We serve our diverse patients with genuine respect and love irrespective of their language, religion, culture and background. Our patient population includes new immigrants, low-income families and vulnerable individuals.
You will be joining 6 congenial and passionate physicians in either a Family Medicine, Psychotherapy, or blended capacity. 3 of our physicians have focused designation as Physician Psychotherapist.
Our vision has always emphasized on caring for our patients’ complete well-being, which includes the physical, mental, relational and spiritual needs. We believe that when we also explore the psycho-spiritual needs of a patient – it often brings about deep, permanent healing that spans into both the physical and mental wellness of our patients.
What you will do
- Be available on mutually agreed days/week for consultation and team meetings
- Develop an interdisciplinary treatment plan in collaboration with patient and treatment team members; monitor and revise plan as appropriate during the course of the treatment plan
- Stay current on relevant legislation and best practices, current research, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient with the use of various software applications and data entry
What you need to join our team
- Independent registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Royal College Certified / Eligible (FRCPC)
- Psychiatry: 1 year (preferred)
Flexible start date and schedule (Full-time or Part-time). Very competitive split. Monthly patient management fee.
Flexible for Virtual or In-Person patient visits.
We have a diverse patient population; ability to speak Italian, Spanish, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset. We use electronic medical records (Telus PSS EMR). With a large customer database, research opportunities are available, if interested.
Our practice is located in the Downsview area at the junction of Keele St/Hwy 401. It is highly accessible to major highways. Free parking available. There is a lab, x-ray clinic and pharmacy on-site.