At Grace Health Centre, we have committed, thorough, and compassionate family medicine physicians who make sure that you and your family are well taken care of when you need it. We take your health seriously and firmly believe in being proactive in your care.
Grace Health Centre doctors have stopped accepting new patients.
- Grace Health Centre is currently unable to take on anymore new patient applications. When we restart this process, an announcement will be made on our website. Therefore, there is no need to call or email us to inquire about this. Rather, we invite you to check our website regularly for new updates.
- If you have already filled out a new patient application form in the past and are still waiting to hear back from us, please know that we are processing your application, and you will receive an email with a link to book an appointment when there is an opening for new patients.
- Due to an unexpected amount of request, we unfortunately cannot give you a definitive timeframe of when you will receive the booking link for the first Meet & Greet with one of our physicians.
- We are doing our best to serve our existing patients and expanding to serve new ones. Thank you for your utmost patience and understanding.
Grace Health Centre doctors have stopped accepting new patients. Check our website regularly for updates. Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Our family doctors value preventative healthcare and attending to your holistic well-being.
Our Clinic Values, Policies, and Etiquette:
- To seek Grace Health Centre for care, and to not use walk-in clinics or other family doctors. You understand that doing so would result in being removed as a patient of Grace Health Centre. If you have a life-threatening medical emergency, you can go to a hospital emergency room or call 9-1-1.
- To accept care provided by any physician in the team when your primary doctor is not available.
- To embrace the inclusion of medical office assistant students and doctors-in-training in your care, aligning with our philosophy of preparing the next generation of future healthcare leaders.
- To partake in any necessary preventative care and vaccination recommendations as indicated by your doctor.
- To pay fees for non-OHIP services if required, such as doctor’s notes.
- To pay for late/cancellation fees if applicable.
- To have phone visits for issues not requiring office visits as per your doctor’s advice.
- To be joining Grace Health Centre because your previous doctor retired/passed OR you have no family doctor and are willing to have a new family doctor.
To Become a Patient at Grace Health Centre
We are now handling new patient intake and booking Meet & Greet appointment through our OCEAN MD Online Appointment Booking portal via email invite so DO NOT CALL the clinic line if you are not our patients looking for a regular doctor’s appointment.
Click on the form to begin our new patient intake process. You will receive an email with a secure booking portal to schedule your Meet & Greet appointment. Please periodically check the portal to see if there are time slots available. New time slots will be made available in November 2023.
NOTE: The online booking portal will have new scheduled time slots available for booking in the new year for Meet & Greet appointments beyond Jan 2024.
Please read carefully:
- By filling out this form, you are still not formally accepted as a patient of Grace Health Centre. Meet & Greet on-site appointment with the doctor will determine this acceptance upon mutual agreement.
- For all who have filled out the form, an email will be sent to you for further instructions at a later time for you to book your first appointment directly using our online appointment booking.
- We have a very limited number of appointments for new patients and anticipate appointments will fill up quickly.
Check our website regularly for updates. Thank you for your understanding and patience!
A FAMILY HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Grace Health Centre is part of the North Downsview Family Health Organization (FHO). This means that we will be working with a community of other family doctors in the Downsview area to continue offering the highest level of patient care.
Call Our Office First, Avoid the Use of Walk-In Clinics:
To keep an accurate health record and promote high-quality care, we ask that our patients avoid visiting any walk-in clinics that are not a part of the North Downsview FHO. This is because walk-in clinics will not provide our office with any records of the care that was provided at their location, which creates a gap in your personal health record with us.
Having a complete health record allows our doctors to ensure you receive the care you need based on accurate information. As such, please always contact our office first for any health-related issues, and in turn, we will do our best to make sure you receive access to the care you need.
By honoring this commitment, we are able to provide you with high-quality healthcare services such as same-day appointments, same-day weekend care for urgent issues, telephone visits for simple requests, and preventative care programs for cancer screening (PAP, mammography, and fecal immunochemical testing).
To better service our patients when booking appointments, your doctor has directed our medical assistants to ask you for the reason for your visit and other information. This will smoothen your clinic visit.
We are committed to serving our patients in a timely manner, and will prioritize assisting those who become suddenly ill. We ask that you be patient in the event that your appointment is delayed under these circumstances, and work with our staff to reschedule if necessary.
*NEW* Online Booking
Book your doctor’s appointment on our online booking system at any time to secure your preferred time slot. At your convenience, you will also be able to cancel, reschedule, and set email reminders to help keep you on track.
For detailed instructions on how to book online and for frequently asked questions, please visit our online booking website page.
Same Day Urgent Care Available on Weekends:
We are excited to be extending our patient care coverage to weekends as part of our after-hour services for same-day urgent issues. To find information regarding the on-call doctor during weekend urgent care services within the North Downsview FHO, please call the central line at 416-299-1460.
Below is a list of our affiliated FHO Clinics:
Dr. Dennis Kim
Address: 2698 Jane Street, 2nd Floor, North York, ON M3L 1S5
Dr. Yusuf Mukaddam
Address: 2698 Jane Street, 2nd Floor, North York, ON M3L 1S5
Dr. Judith Mary Todd
Address: 1 Codsell Avenue, Toronto, ON, M3H 3V6
Dr. Justin Ivan Frias
Address: 4915 Bathurst Street, Suite #214, Toronto, ON, M2R 1X9
Dr. Andrew Caruso
Address: 2830 Keele Street, Suite 301, Toronto, ON, M3M 3E5
Dr. Fausto Michele Cianfrone
Address: 2698 Jane Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON, M3L 1S5
Dr. Peter Michael Escanlar
Address: 1 Codsell Ave, Toronto, ON, M3H 3V6
Dr. Elnora Suarez Inandan
Address: 4915 Bathurst Street, Suite #214, Toronto, ON, M2R 1X9
Please only use weekend urgent care services for emergencies. You should always call our office first for any health-related issue and book an appointment with your family doctor during regular office hours.
If you are experiencing any life-threatening problems, please call 911 and visit your nearest hospital emergency room.
MENTAL / SPIRITUAL HEALTH
In the realm of healthcare, optimizing holistic health entails addressing both mental and spiritual well-being. Taking care of your mental health means handling stress and emotions, while spiritual health involves finding inner peace and purpose. When we nurture both, we create a harmonious balance in our lives.
By embracing this holistic approach, individuals, couples, and families can experience improved overall health, a deeper sense of purpose, and enhanced quality of life. Explore the integrative benefits of nurturing your mental and spiritual health on our psychotherapy website.
Grace Health Centre offers individual, couple and family therapy.
For more details, please visit our webpage.
Prevention and early detection is the best cure. Preventive care can drastically increase your lifespan because health concerns are more easily treated at an earlier stage. As such, our doctors encourage you to get regularly screened for cancer once you are eligible. Please book an appointment if you are due for one of the tests mentioned below.
FECAL IMMUNOCHEMICAL TEST (FIT) SCREENING
FIT is a safe and painless at-home cancer screening test. It checks your stool for tiny amounts of blood that could be caused by colorectal cancer or some pre-cancerous polyps (i.e., abnormal growths in the colon or rectum that can eventually turn into cancer). When colorectal cancer is caught early, 9 out of 10 people can be cured.
You are of average risk if you are between the ages of 50 to 74 and do not have a first-degree relative diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Cancer Care Ontario recommends those who fall into this category to start FIT screening once you turn 50 years old.
You are at an increased risk if you have a first-degree relative diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Cancer Care Ontario recommends those who fall into this category to start routine FIT screening at either (a) 10 years earlier than the age your relative was diagnosed with colorectal cancer, or (b) at age 50, whichever comes first.
Mammograms check for breast cancer in women by using a low-dose x-ray system to check for abnormalities.
If you are a woman between the ages of 50 to 74, the Ontario Breast Screening Program recommends that you get screened every 2 years with mammography.
A pap test takes a sample of the cells on the surface of your cervix and looks for signs of change. Cervical cancer is almost entirely preventable with the HPV vaccine, regular pap tests, and timely follow-up of abnormal test results.
Pap tests are recommended for women over the age of 21 who have been sexually active. If you have had a hysterectomy, please discuss with your doctor to determine if a pap test is required for you. Women over the age of 70 do not need to complete a pap test if they have had 3 or more normal pap test results in the past 10 years.
A vaccine typically contains an ingredient that resembles a pathogen. This ingredient is often made from weakened or killed forms of a pathogen, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. In the case of COVID-19, the COVID-19 vaccine resembles the spike protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2 pathogen.
The immune system is a complex network of cells and proteins that defends the body against infection. There are two common ways to build immunity.
- You can get infected by a virus, bacteria, and other disease-causing microorganism (pathogen)
- You can receive a dose of a vaccine[AL1]
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does a vaccine work?
When the vaccine enters your body, often through injection, your body will recognize it as the pathogen it came from and trigger an immune response to destroy it. Similarly to building natural immunity, your body will remember what it destroyed and how to destroy it quickly in the future.
The pathogen will cause damage to your body until an immune response can destroy it. You will experience symptoms due to the pathogen (e.g., disease, illness, etc.) and your immune response (e.g., fever, fatigue, etc.). After destroying the pathogen, your immune system keeps a record of it so it can recognise and destroy the pathogen quickly if it enters the body again.
What are the benefits of vaccines?
You can receive the protective benefits/immunity against a pathogen without experiencing the adverse symptoms associated with being infected by that pathogen.
Are vaccines safe?
Yes, the vaccines that Grace Health Centre recommends have all been rigorously tested and studied by reliable, international governments and institutions. Every individual is unique and, thus, some individuals may experience unintentional side effects from vaccines; but, generally, vaccines do more good than harm.
What vaccines should I get?
There are various vaccines that Health Canada recommends Canadians get at specific ages. For information on all of those, and more, visit the government of Canada’s Vaccines and Immunizations website.
Looking for counselling services? Please click below button.